Back to India and work !
After having a word with the mentor, I have already submitted a raw patch, so that it can be tested by others and I can get some early feedback.
You can find the patch here.
Regarding the to do's,
-> Changing the volume, pitch and rate is working. For the volume part, I had to modify the nsISpeechService.idl so that we can also pass volume parameter to the speak() function.
-> the boundary events give a correct timestamp now. I have used a window's in-built function for this.
-> I have tested the Pause and the Resume button. They are working perfectly.
Aim for the next week :
-> To test the cancel functionality
-> To make Sapi concurrent, so that we can have two browser windows using it independently.
Both of these will require a lot of testing.
The plan is to complete the work for windows in next two weeks, so that I can jump to the next platform.
Hopefully, by the next post, I would have completed all the major functionalities.
Stay tuned !
And, I have received the mid term payment :)